Today we sit down with Charlie Ruff, Senior Portfolio Manager at Cobblestone Capital Advisors.
We ask Charlie about:
– the basics of stock investing
– risk, reward, timelines, volatility
– why do stocks rise and fall?
– the difference between individual stocks and the whole market
– the importance of knowledge in investing – and how hard it is for professionals to outperform the market
– the economic fundamentals behind stocks
– how to build a balance portfolio of stocks
– the importance of human behavior in investing
– what’s going on with “meme stocks,” especially Bed, Bath, and Beyond
– ensuring you know the different between investing, speculation, gambling, and fun