On this episode of The Trusted Partner Podcast, Jesse and Gabe sit down with Ben Dobrzynski, CPA. Ben is a partner at Demott & Smith CPA’s, in Rochester NY, where he focuses his practice on providing tax, accounting, and general business advice to individuals, closely held businesses, and seed-stage to late-stage start-up companies.
On the podcast, the trio discusses:
- End-of-year tax considerations
- Different tax deadlines
- Low-hanging fruit individuals should think about throughout the year
- When should someone start working with a tax pro?
- What are common tax mistakes?
- What is “tax planning”?
- What’s up with the IRS hiring 85,000 new employees?
- Why do audits happen? How can someone avoid them?
- Why Roth accounts are “the most powerful tool in the tax environment”
- The importance of “account type diversification”
- Tax planning before retirement
Disclosure: Information presented in this podcast is not intended to be nor should be construed as individualized investment advice. All content is of a general nature and solely for educational, informational and illustrative purposes. Investments in securities are not insured, protected or guaranteed and may result in loss of income and/or principal. Opinions of unaffiliated third-parties may not represent those of Cobblestone Capital Advisors or its employees. Cobblestone is not licensed to provide and does not provide legal, tax, or accounting advice to clients. Advice of qualified counsel or accountants should be sought to address any specific situation requiring assistance from such licensed individuals.